Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Bread sticks:

Who doesn't LOVE bread sticks? I know that they are definitely a personal favorite of mine, and I've never met anyone who didn't like them. It's one thing I have missed since going gluten-free...not being able to go to a pizza place and eat the pizza, of course, but more the bread sticks! Well, that is, until today when I tried this recipe. WOW! They were SO good and incredibly easy!!! If you're a bread stick, pizza or cheese lover, you going to LOVE these things!! I hope you give them a try!!!



1 pre-baked pizza crust (click here for my recipe)
2 tblsp. melted butter
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese (amounts vary)

In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and minced garlic. Using a pastry brush, spread the butter and garlic all over the pizza crust (make sure to spread it really well, because you don't want globs of garlic to bite into!). Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over the entire thing. Top with mozzarella cheese. This is were you will have to use your own judgement. Use as much or as little cheese as you like! Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to get slightly golden brown on top (you can tell from the picture above, that I didn't leave mine in the oven quite long enough. It's not quite as golden as I would have liked it). Let stand 1-2 minutes before cutting. Cut into 1 or 1-1/2 inch slices all the way across the pizza, then cut in half lengthwise. Serve!!!

No comments: