Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pasta:


Since I just posted the recipe for Chicken Noodle Casserole a few days ago, I thought I would do  a post on the pasta that me and my family LOVE!!! We have tried a few different gluten-free pastas, and if you have one you love, then by all means use it! But we weren't totally satisfied with any we had tried. Until, my Aunt introduced us to this pasta! It's a corn and rice blend pasta and tastes as close to wheat-based pasta as anything I've tried. You don't have to cook it forever, or rinse it off for a full 10 minutes after it's cooked, only to have it turn to mush as soon as you do anything with it. I know that it's sold at Walmart, Martin's, Bi-Lo and I'm sure other grocery stores as well. If you're grocery store does not sell it, consider taking them a photo and information about it, and asking them to stock it. Some places won't, but some will, so I think it's worth a try!

This brand comes in three varieties: Fusilli (a spiral), Penne (a small tube), and spaghetti.
I've tried all three and equal like them all!


<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

As for Lasagna noodles, this is the only one I've tried because I was very happy with it the first time I tried it and therefore I haven't risked the money in trying something else!! We purchase it at a local health food store, so I'm sure it's sold at other stores as well, I just don't know which ones. The Tinkyada company also has many other varieties of pasta that are very good as well. I have tried a few of them, and really liked them, but they are pretty expensive.  




Check out their website here to view all of their products.
You can also purchase Tinkyada Pasta Joy Products at Amazon.com

No comments: