Monday, August 13, 2012

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread:

NOW WAIT A MINUTE!!!
Before you totally skip this post because you think it sounds weird, let me tell ya! It's actually really good!!! When I first saw the recipe for this, I couldn't decide if it would be a good thing to try or a really bad thing! But the more I looked at it and read over the recipe, I decided with all the zucchini we have around here, I'd chance it!! I'm SO glad I did! I made it into muffins instead of a loaf, and they came out so moist and wonderful! It tastes 0% like zucchini and to be perfectly honest, it doesn't have a very strong pumpkin taste either! But yet they're so good! So, I hope you'll at least give them a try!



2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1-1/2 t. vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 t. xanthan gum
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves
1 cup shredded or grated zucchini
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, oil, pumpkin and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisked together flour, xanthan gum, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into a greased loaf pan, or fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes for the loaf or 30-35 minutes for muffins or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or place on wire rack to cool! Store in airtight container. 

Note:
-I like my muffins to be a little crunchy on the outside, so I left them in a for a little while longer than what the recipe suggests.   

No comments: