Thursday, August 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies:

I was desperately craving a brownie one day and happened across a blog, where that days post was all about 50 of the best brownie recipes!!! They ALL looked amazing, but whenever I see chocolate and peanut butter together, that's always my first choice!!! These were very good. Not too sweet (which I was kind of nervous about), and not an over powering peanut butter taste either. Perfect!! I will be making these again and I hope you at least give them a try
 (that way, when you make them more than once in the same month,
 I won't feel so bad!)!!!!!

Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies

1 batch brownies, prepared and completely cooled (click here for my easy recipe)

Filling:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1-1/3 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 tsp. milk

Topping:
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3 tblsp. butter

In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth and well mixed. Spread evenly over completely cooled brownies. Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for additional 10-15 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring often as chocolate burns easily. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Spread or drizzle over peanut butter filling and chill for at least 30 minutes or until set. Serve!!

No comments: