Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hobo Packs:

I have tried a few different variations of the Hobo Pack, and whereas they were always good, they weren't GOOD. But I was getting hungry for them, and we had lots of peppers, onions and tomatoes in our garden, so I thought I would add some meat and seasonings to all that, and see what happened. I LOVED it!!!! Oh my!! It was so good!! I could have eaten one whole pack by myself! There wasn't one bit of it leftover and I will definitely be makng them again....soon! I hope you give them a try this summer!

1 (1-2 lb.) Round steak, cut into strips
1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tblsp. olive oil
1 package Dry Italian Dressing mix

Lay two, 16-inch pieces of foil out. Divide the meat between both pieces of foil, laying the strips in the center. Divide the vegetables between the two packs, starting with the onions, then peppers, then tomatoes.
Drizzle the oil evenly between both packs. Sprinkle both packs with the dressing mix.

 
Wrap tightly and fold the edges well so that the juices won't leak out while baking. Place both packs on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or  until meat is done. Serve! (Take caution while opening the packs, as the steam will coming rolling out and is VERY hot!)

Note:
-This would make 4 generous helpings

No comments: