Sunday, January 20, 2013

NOT Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs:

To me, meatballs are good pretty much no matter what, but I think this is my favorite sauce for them.
It was wasn't too sweet, not too sour, not tangy....I really don't know how to explain it, except that it was really good and my whole family enjoyed them! I hope you try them out!

30 fully cooked meatballs (click here for my super easy recipe)
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup grape jelly

For the oven:
Place meatballs, frozen or thawed, in a greased baking dish. In a small measuring cup, whisk together ketchup and jelly - this will be slightly lumpy because the jelly won't mix to be smooth. Just mix it to as smooth as you can. Pour over the meatballs and stir to evenly coat. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until meatballs are hot through (it may take longer if your meatballs are frozen). Serve!

For the Slow-Cooker:
Place meatballs in a greased slowcooker. Pour sauce over meatballs and stir to evenly coat. Cover and cook on low for at least 3 hours or until meatballs are hot through (if they were frozen when you put them in the slow-cooker, they may take more like 4 hours). You can leave them on low or warm all day, if you want. Stir every couple of hours. Serve!

Note:
-If you are making this dish gluten-free, either use my recipe for meatballs or make your own. Most pre-made, packaged meatballs all have gluten in them. I have never seen any without.

post signature

No comments: