Thursday, March 22, 2012

Speedy Chicken Marinade

I hadn't planned on posting this recipe so soon....I thought it would be a good summer post! But with the "summer" weather we've been having this March, I decided to go ahead! My family loves this and it's very easy.

1 pkg. Italian seasoning (check the label)
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce (check the label)
4 large chicken breasts

Place the seasoning, vinegar and soy sauce in a gallon zip-lock bag. Squeeze to mix it all together. Pierce the chicken all over with the tip of a knife and then place in the bag. Seal the bag and shake, flip and squeeze to make sure all the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate for 1-8 hours (the longer the better). Grill  or broil until the center is no longer pink.

Note:
-Use the chicken as a whole breast, cut the breast in half lengthwise or I personally like to cut the breasts in half to make them thinner and then in half again to make strips. The smaller it is, the more marinade flavor you can taste and it will cook faster. Plus, no one in my family except my dad and brother eat a whole chicken breast anyways!

No comments: