Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flour

Before I got too many recipes posted, I wanted to give you my flour mixture. I have tried a lot of different flour mixtures and this one is BY FAR my favorite. You can use it cup for cup in place of wheat flour called for in regular recipes.

2 cups white rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca flour

Combine all ingredients and sift, or stir with a wire whisk until well combined. Store in an airtight container.

Personal Note:
-I like to make LOTS of batches at one time and then have them for whenever I need them!
-It will depend on where you live as to where you will be able to find your flours. These are the more popular flours, so shouldn't be too hard to find. If you can buy them in bulk, that's the best way. We buy 25 pound bags of rice flour from a local bulk/health food store. It's best to look around and see what you can find.
-If you want to make my recipes, but don't need them to be gluten-free, just use regular flour and ommit the xanthan gum

No comments: