Monday, December 10, 2012

Taco Pasta Salad:

When I first saw this recipe, I knew it would be something that I would like, but I was very worried that pretty much no one else in my family would!! So considering all that, I decided to give it a try (and no, my family does not normally love me for that)!!! It turned out so good - everyone loved it! It's more like hamburger helper, than pasta salad! So, I hope you give it a try! 

4 cups uncooked pasta
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup taco seasoning and water called for on package
1/2 - 3/4 cup Catalina Salad Dressing
1&1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in seasoning and water. Mix well. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture and stir to combine. Add 3/4 cup cheese and stir. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Cover and let stand 5-8 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted. Serve!

Note:
-I used spiral pasta, but you can use whatever you like.
-Make sure to check the labels of the taco seasoning and Catalina dressing for any gluten/wheat.
-Whenever I make taco meat for Taco Salad or Taco Baked Potatoes, I usually always have leftover that I stick in the freezer to pull out for Chili. This would be a super fast meal, if you used taco meat that was already prepared.

post signature

No comments: