Saturday, December 22, 2012

Microwave Rice Pilaf:

This is the side dish I served with the Lemon Chicken the other night (click here for the recipe). It was super easy and most everyone really liked it. The veggie-picky eaters weren't as crazy, but their vote doesn't count!! I really liked it sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese. It made it taste more like a Rice Rosoto, which I happen to love! Hope you give it a try!

(Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take a picture!)

1 cup uncooked Instant Rice
1 cup water
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped or shredded carrots
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper, optional
3 tblsp. butter, cut into slices
1 tblsp. beef or chicken granules, depending on what meat you are serving with it
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. coriander
dash of pepper

In an ungreased, microwave safe dish, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir. Microwave an additional 3-5 minutes or until veggies are tender and all the water is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Note:
-The seasonings are completely up to you. I served it with chicken, so I used Chicken granules. I didn't have any cumin or coriander, but since I was having lemon chicken, I added 1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Feel free to experiment and be creative!!!
-The veggies are the same way. Leave out what you don't want, add more of what you like!


post signature

No comments: