Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pecan Pie:

Yesterday, I posted the recipe for my favorite pie crust, and today I wanted to share one of my favorite pies- Pecan!! I love it, my dad really loves and my brother and two sisters really like it too! When we were at my Aunt's for Thanksgiving, she made a pecan pie and it was SO yummy, so I got her recipe!!
Thanks, Aunt Bonnie!!!


2 tblsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tblsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup light corn syrup
1-3 cups pecans, lightly chopped*
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, salt, vanilla and corn syrup. Place the pecans in the pie shell. Pour the corn syrup mixture over the top of the pecans. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It took mine about an hour to bake, but it depends on the oven. It's done when you gently shake the pie pan, and the filling doesn't shake. Let cool completely before cutting.

Note:
-*the reason the amount of pecans is so varied, is because it depends on how many you want! I generally fill the pie shell about 1/3 - 1/2 full. You don't want much more than that, because then you won't have room for the corn syrup filling.  




post signature

No comments: