Monday, June 24, 2013

Apple Spinach Salad:

I love fresh spinach, especially in the summer! This salad takes only a few ingredients, and is super fast to put together. My family really enjoyed it and I hope you do too!!


8 ounces fresh spinach
4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
2 red apples, diced
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 tblsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

In a medium bowl, toss together the spinach, bacon and apple. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and juice concentrate until smooth. Pour half the dressing over the spinach and toss to coat. Add more dressing, a little at a time, until you have as much as you like. I did not use all the dressing, because we don't like a lot of dressing on our salads, but you can use as much or as little as you like. 

Note:
-I did not have any bacon, so I used 4 tblsp. bacon bits and it worked out fine. 
-This is definitely not something you can make ahead. You will want to put it all together and serve immediately. 

I served this with:


post signature

No comments: