Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies:

It's a dreary, rainy day here and it seemed like the perfect day to bake a batch of cookies. I'm so glad I picked these! I hadn't made them in a while, so I didn't remember how easy and yummy they were! I don't understand how a cookie could be so good with no flour, but who cares because they're delicious and that's all that matters to me!
I hope you give them a try!


1 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Course salt, optional

In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, egg, sugar and vanilla with a fork or spatula. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet using a 1-inch cookie baller. Using the tangs of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern in the top of each cookie by pressing the tangs of a fork into the cookie both directions. Sprinkle with a very tiny bit of course salt if you like. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container. Makes approximately 24 cookies.

Note:
-These are the ultimate dipping cookies! Perfect with in a class of milk!!
-You can mix in peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, mini reese cups, make a thumb print before baking and fill with jelly after they come out of the oven....the sky's the limit!
-Click here to watch a cooking video about these cookies.

No comments: