Monday, September 10, 2012

Crock-Pot Rotisserie Style Chicken Breasts:

My mom's Birthday was yesterday and she loves most things chicken. We all love rotisserie chicken, so when I saw this recipe, I had to try it! It turned out really well and we liked it better than this recipe I had posted before. I hope you give it a try!



4-5 pounds chicken breasts, thawed
Rotisserie chicken seasoning
           OR
3 tsp. salt
1 teaspoon smoked or non-smoked paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
1/2 tsp. black pepper, optional

Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a piece of foil that is 3 times the length of your crock-pot. Crumple the foil to fit inside the bottom of the crock-pot.
If you are making your own seasoning, combine all the dry ingredients together and mix until well combined.
Rub the seasoning all over each chicken breast. Place the chicken in the crock-pot over top the foil.
DO NOT ADD ANY AMOUNT OF WATER!!!!
Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. Serve!

 

This is the seasoning that we use. It's gluten-free and we found it at Sam's Club,
but I'm sure you can find it at other stores as well.
If you have a Sam's Club membership, but can't find it in the store,
you can click here to purchase it direct from Sams.
You can also check out this link (click here) for another variety of the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning. I've not tried this kind, but it is gluten-free and I'm sure it would be good!

No comments: