Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shrimp Pizza:

My dad absolutely loves seafood and my mom absolutely hates it! I happen to love it as well, so when my dad and I saw a similar recipe to this in a cookbook, we knew we had to try it!!! It was Christmas Day when we found the recipe while visiting my grandma. Lucky for us, our grocery store was open on Christmas Day, so we found all the ingredients and went straight home to try it! It was instant success and we've made it numerous times since then! I hope you will give it a try!


2 (4 oz.) packages ready-to-eat frozen Salad Shrimp
1 can crabmeat (found with the canned tuna)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tblsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 large pizza crust, pre-baked (click here for recipe)

Mix together mayonnaise and seasoning. Spread over pizza crust (crust can be warm or cool).
Place shrimp in a strainer. Rinse with cool water until thawed. Place on paper towels and pat dry. Sprinkle the shrimp evenly over the entire crust. Place crabmeat in a strainer. Using a fork, stir and break up the crabmeat, getting rid of as much of the water as you possibly can. Sprinkle over the shrimp. Top with cheese. Bake at  425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until crust and toppings are warm and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional Old bay seasoning, if desired. Serve!!!!!

No comments: