Monday, May 4, 2015

Orange Energizer Smoothie:

I love smoothies, but I'm also a little picky about them. I normally prefer smoothies that have veggies in them, and only one or two fruits. Otherwise, they taste SO sweet to me, that I can hardly drink them.
Enter: The Orange Energizer Smoothie!!!!
When I found this recipe, they were talking about how it's a great energizer and stress buster. I had everything for it, so I through it together real quick.
I was actually REALLY surprised how good it was! Everything was in perfect balance - not too sweet, but sweet enough...perfectly creamy...it's just good!!
Smoothies are SO perfect for the hot days of summer that are coming up.
Hopefully none of my summer-loving family is reading this, but, I personally dread the heat of summer, and love the negative degrees of winter. Sorry! But I love this smoothie so much, that I am actually looking forward to enjoying it on a nice, hot day!
I love to drink a smoothie before and/or after I workout too, and this is probably by far my favorite to drink before a good run or any kind of workout.
I've had one about every day this week, I think!! Hope you give it a try!


2 bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
1 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
1 carrot (or 6-8 baby carrots) cut into chunks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup milk

Place all ingredients in order listed in a Blender or NutriBullet.
Blend until smooth. Makes 2 large servings!

Note:
-PLEASE use frozen bananas...it seriously makes this smoothie!!!


post signature

No comments: