Monday, May 11, 2015

The Pioneer Woman's Twice-Baked Potatoes:

I've recently came to a weird conclusion. A lot of people say that coming up with a side dish, is no problem...it's the main dish that's so hard to decide on or come up with.
It's the opposite for me. I can decide on a main dish pretty easily...but a side?
I have to rack my brain forever to try to figure something out!

I wanted something simple yet different to take to a potluck dinner a while ago. 
I LOVE twice baked potatoes, and I LOVE the Pioneer Woman!! I thought this recipe would be good for feeding a crowd, so I decided to give it a try! They do take time, but they're really easy and SO good!
I made my own variations of Ree's recipe, but as she says, this is only for a general guide line. Add more or less of whatever you like!
I hope you try it out!!!!



8-10 baking potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 cup bacon bits
2 sticks butter, diced
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
2 tsp. parsley
2+ cups shredded cheddar cheese

Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes. Prick potatoes with a sharp knife. Place directly on oven racks.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove and allow to set until cool enough to handle.
Gently cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato from the skin with a spoon - leaving a 1/4 inch shell; set aside.
Place the potato "pulp" in a large bowl. Add sour cream, bacon bits, butter, seasoning salt, parsley and 1 cup cheddar cheese. You can use a potato masher, but I like a hand mixer. Mix until well combined.
Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop the potato mixture into the shells and place in a baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Serve!

Note:
-I generally use 10 - 12 small potatoes
-I like to make them up to the point of baking them the second time, and then keeping them in the fridge.
Later in the day, or even the next day, I bake them for about 30 minutes. 
-Mine definitely don't look as good as Ree's and I'm sure they weren't, but they still did taste AMAZING!!


post signature

No comments: