Monday, April 27, 2015

Glossy Chocolate Icing:

I love a good frosting recipe just as much as the next person, but I'm also one who enjoys a good glaze every now and then too.
This is the perfect recipe if you can't decide between frosting or glaze!!
It's thicker than a glaze, but not at all fluffy like a frosting. It's super easy and really fast!
I love it on brownies, but it's also good on a cake as well!
I hope you try it out!


1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1-1/2 tblsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
2 tsp. butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Add water and stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cooled cake or brownies while the frosting is still warm. Refrigerate until cool and set. 

Note:
-I added some sprinkles to the brownies after I spread the icing on...this is of course optional, but I just love sprinkles!!!!



No comments: