Monday, May 25, 2015

Butterscotch Blondies:

We used to make these ALL the time. I think we had them so much that we didn't want to make them anymore and so we kind of forgot about them.
I needed a dessert to take to a friends house the other week, and it seemed like we were out of everything, of course!! I had no chocolate chips, no cocoa powder...and of course I could only think of desserts that took one or both of those ingredients. One of my sisters suggested blondies, and for some unknown reason, we were overflowing with butterscotch chips, so I decided to give it a try.
It had been SO long since I made them, that I had forgotten how good they were!
And how fast they come together!
I'll try not to make them too often, but we will definitely be adding these back on our dessert list!!
I hope you try them out!



2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
2 & 1/2 cup flour
1 & 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups butterscotch chips
Vanilla Ice Cream
Butterscotch or Caramel Ice Cream Topping

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, butter and vanilla.
Add flour, xanthan gum and salt. Mix until well combined.
Stir in butterscotch chips.
Pour into a greased jelly-roll pan and spread out evenly (I like to use an offset spatula like for cake decorating for this).
Bake at 350 degrees for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. You don't want to over-bake these, or they will be hard.
Let stand for 20-30 minutes before serving, or cool completely until ready to serve.
Top with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch or caramel syrup.
Enjoy!

Note:
-You could bake them in like a 9x13 pan or something, but I find that makes them pretty thick, and then it takes a long time to get the middle done, while the edges are already burning.



post signature

No comments: