Monday, May 18, 2015

Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal:

I love our Baked Oatmeal (it's been on the blog for a while now) that we normally make. I had been seeing lots of different kinds of baked oatmeal recipes floating around, and some of them look amazing!
Be forewarned, you will mostly likely be seeing several more recipes for Baked Oatmeal coming soon!
Anyways, this one was my brother's first choice, so I through it all together one night and baked it the next morning.
Oh my! It is SO good!! I think I could have eaten the whole pan!
It's unbelievably creamy, and the perfect amount of sweet!
I will definitely be making this A LOT and I hope you try it out as well!!



3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 & 3/4 cup milk
3 tblsp. butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon

Glaze:
1 cup powder sugar
1 tblsp. milk
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except glaze, until well combined.
Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, and spread out evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let rest while you mix up the glaze.
Put all of the glaze ingredients in a small cup and mix until smooth.
Drizzle over oatmeal and serve!

Note:
-I like to mix this up the night before, cover and refrigerate.
Then bake the next morning. Just let it sit on the counter while the oven pre-heats.

post signature

Note to self:
-Top oven @ 335 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments: