Monday, June 16, 2014

Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce:

All you need is 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this super easy dessert!
I LOVE Hot Fudge!!!! But I've never really cared for home-made versions, because they are too thin! I like the super thick, store bought kind!
I wanted some on my ice cream the other night, so I threw this together real quick and was SUPER happy!! It's really rich and thick, just the way I like it!
Hope you try it out!!


12 tablespoons butter
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium saucepan, bring butter and milk to a slow, gentle boil. Add cocoa powder and sugar. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon, whisking constantly. It will probably start to boil harder, and you may want to turn down the heat, so that it doesn't splatter all over you and burn you! Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into a glass jar. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Pop in the microwave for a few seconds to re-heat.
Serve over your favorite ice cream or just eat it by the spoon!!!

Note:
-This recipe yields 1 quart. It makes a lot, because I adjusted the original recipe so that it used an entire can of evaporated milk, rather than having just a few tablespoons leftover. You could certainly halve the recipe, if you prefer.
-This keeps for a good while in the fridge. Well, I say good while, but it somehow disappeared after two weeks in my house, so that's as long as I know for sure, that it will keep! I'm pretty sure it would last longer than that, though!!
-My sister and I also dipped strawberries in this too!!
-Don't mind the first picture! My mom put her ice cream in the microwave for a few seconds (a weird family thing) and so the hot-fudge was totally running off faster than my camera could flash!
It still tasted amazing, though!!

No comments: