Monday, June 30, 2014

Tapioca Jello Salad:

I am all about the Jello salads! I may have to make a "Jello Salad" section in my Recipe Index! I just love them! I think I got it from one of my grandma's, because I can remember her making them all the time! I don't think I've ever tasted one I didn't like, and there's probably a million more recipes out there that I haven't even tried!

Well, as usual, I needed something fast and only had a few weird ingredients, so I looked through a few recipes and found this one! I made a couple of changes to suit what I had on hand, and wow! It was super fast and easy, plus delicious! Everything a Jello Salad should be! 
If you're not a fan of Tapioca Pudding, I highly recommend you try this anyway! My Dad LOVES Tapioca, and I mean, it's okay, but I wouldn't call it my favorite food or anything. But the "balls" of the tapioca add a really fun texture to this dish, and since it's a pudding, it's also super creamy. I really enjoyed it! 
Hope you try it out!


1 (3 oz) package orange Jello mix
2 (3 oz) packages Cook & Serve Tapioca Pudding mix  
3 cups water
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
Optional:
1-2 small cans mandarin oranges, drained

In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add jello and pudding mixes, and whisk together. Return to a boil and cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour into a medium size bowl. Let stand to cool.
Once completely cooled, fold in Cool Whip and oranges, if desired.
Chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.

Note:
-I didn't have any oranges, and some in my family don't like them, so I left them out.
-You could use any flavor Jello that you like and maybe try substituting fruit cocktail for the oranges!

No comments: