Monday, June 9, 2014

Blueberry Angel Dessert:

We don't really make a lot of desserts here.
I know you might find that hard to believe, if you look at the dessert section on my Recipe Index, but honestly, the majority of the time, Chocolate Chip Cookies is about the only thing we make. We might make other things every now and then for a special treat on Saturday or Sunday night. Other than that, it's pretty much just birthdays, special occasions, things like that.

But for the past several months (and for various reasons) our church has been having a dinner at church every Sunday after the morning service. Then after the dinner, we have an afternoon service, instead of a service in the evening.
Anyway, so we've been making an actual dessert every single weekend.
I usually spend half of Saturday, making food to take on Sunday.

This past weekend, I didn't have Saturday to cook, so I needed something fast!
I saw this recipe and actually had the stuff for it, so I thought why not!
It turned out really, really good!
 It's sort of like cheesecake, but then again it's not!
I don't really like cheesecake, and I loved it! My mom loves cheesecake and she liked it too!
It's just a different twist, but so fast and easy to make!
Plus, it's a nice cool dessert for the summertime!!
Hope you try it out!


1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powder sugar
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
1 (16 oz.) prepared angel food cake (HERE is my easy recipe)
1 can Blueberry Pie Filling

In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth with an electric mixer or hand mixer. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish, and spread out evenly. Spread the pie filling evenly over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Note:
-I made my cake a day early, so that all the mess from that could be cleaned up. Then, the next day, I just tossed everything together and threw it in the fridge. It made it a super quick and easy dessert then!
-Of course if you don't need this to be gluten-free, then you could buy a pre-made cake or a boxed cake mix.
-I've only made this with Blueberry Pie filling, but Cherry would probably be good too.


No comments: