Monday, November 18, 2013

Pecan Pie Muffins:


I love Pecan Pie and I love muffins, so having them together is awesome!!
I was actually a little worried about trying them, because it seemed to good to be true!!
I mean, something so easy, couldn't possibly turn out good.
Thankfully, I was very wrong and my whole family loved them!
Wouldn't they be perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on Thanksgiving morning?


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup applesauce (preferably unsweetened)
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, applesauce and sugar with a hand mixer until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in salt, flour and xanthan gum. Mix just until combined and add pecans. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full (I use an ice cream scoop). Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in muffin tins for 5 minutes before removing. Serve!!!

Note:
-This made approximately 16 muffins
post signature

No comments: