Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Butterfinger Bites:

Butterfingers and Almond Joys are my FAVORITE candy bar!!
I've gotten a Butterfinger Blizzard at Dairy Queen, 9 out the 10 times I've been there!!
I've never been much into making candy, because normally it takes forever and way too much work!
But when I saw this recipe, I knew we had to try it! It was unbelievable!! So good and so easy!
The picture is terrible and doesn't do them any amount of justice!
I've not actually had a chance to make them, but my sister, Kaitlyn (who likes Butterfingers more than I do) has made them several times now, so I will let her tell you how to do it!
I hope you give them a try!!
 
 
 
3 cups candy corn
2 cups peanut butter
1 &1/2 cups chocolate chips

In a medium sauce pan, melt the candy corn on a medium-low heat. Make sure to stir the entire time to prevent as much sticking. Turn off the heat and stir in Peanut Butter until completely melted.
Pour mixture into an 8x8 dish lined with wax paper and put into the refrigerator or freezer until firm.
Remove from pan and cut into what ever size you want!
(Tip - don't use a sawing motion while cutting, just go straight down or the candy will be very crumbly).
Put pieces back into the fridge for a few minutes.
In a glass dish, put chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir, put back in for 15 seconds and keep stirring every 15 seconds until just melted.
Dip pieces of candy in chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Allow chocolate to set in the fridge and Enjoy!!

By: Kaitlyn
 
 Note:
-Make sure to buy up some extra candy corn and store in the freezer,
so you can make these any time you want.
 
 
 
post signature

No comments: