Monday, September 21, 2015

{No-Bake Chex Bars}

Inspired by a conversation about Chex cereal with my boyfriend
(who loves all things peanut butter and chocolate just about as much as I do),
I went on a quest to find this recipe.
Thankfully, I didn't have to look very long or far!
I stumbled across a similar recipe and knew I had to try it out!
Unfortunately, Bradley has not had the chance to taste them yet, but I absolutely loved them!
I wasn't sure what to think, but they turned out SO good and they really couldn't have been easier to make. They hold their shape beautifully, yet they are still nice and soft like a really good rice crispy treat. I don't know exactly how to describe them, so you should probably just make them and see for yourself!! If you are even the slightest fan of peanut butter and/or chocolate, I don't think you'll be disappointed! 



7 cups Chex cereal
1 cup brown sugar
1 cups light corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, and lightly coat with cooking spray; set aside.
Place cereal in a large bowl.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for a full minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until peanut butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal. Mix until evenly coated, but gently so that the cereal doesn't get crushed.
Press mixture into prepared pan, again, being very gentle not to crush the cereal.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Drizzle over cereal mixture. Chill until firm. Remove from the pan and discard the foil. Cut into squares and serve!

Note:
-I used corn Chex, but you could use rice Chex, a mixture of both, or whatever you want. Just be sure not to use wheat Chex if you are making them gluten-free!



post signature

No comments: