Monday, March 3, 2014

Slow-cooker Italian Pork Roast:

Here's another super easy, yet different recipe for a pork roast. I'm not a huge fan of pork, but I LOVE anything with Italian seasoning! It turned out so good and my whole family loved it! Hope you give it a try!! Don't judge it by the picture! It's incredibly hard to take a picture of shredded meat!!! But trust me, it tasted great!!
 
 
 
3 lb. Pork Roast
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
1/2 of a 12 oz. jar of hot banana pepper rings
2 cups water
2 tblsp. Zesty Italian dressing
 
Place the pork in a slow-cooker. Add the remaining ingredients (using half the peppers in the jar as well as half of the juice). Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred with two forks. Serve as is or on buns if you desire!
 
Note:
-Our roast was frozen when we put it in the crock pot. We left it in all night, shredded it in the morning, and left it on low or warm until we ate it at lunch time. I will warn you, though, it doesn't smell that fabulous while it's cooking during the night!!! But, it tasted great!!! 
-I LOVE those banana peppers, but most of my family does not! So, we only used the juice of the peppers. It doesn't make the dish spicy at all, but it adds such great flavor, you don't want to leave it out. You could still serve it with peppers for whoever likes them, though!
 
post signature

No comments: