Monday, February 24, 2014

Dill Pickle Dip:

 My birthday was last week, and like most people, my family kept asking me what I wanted for dessert, and things like that. I really just enjoy all kinds of food - a lot! So it's hard for me to pick one thing!! I seriously thought about it for days! We had a lot going on that weekend, and would already be having lots of desserts, so I thought that Chips/Veggies and dip and Chex mix would be fun! And it was a good choice!! Everything was so yummy, and it was so fun to just relax, have some finger foods, and watch one of my favorite movies - Princess Diaries2! And another good part, was that I could pick more than 1 thing!! I love Dill Pickle chips, but they are hard to find where I live, so when I saw this dip recipe, I wanted to try it! And it was so, so good! I actually like it far better than the dill pickle chips! So, even if it's not your birthday or any special occasion, I hope if you like dill pickles, you'll give this super easy recipe a try!!
 
 
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 - 1 cup chopped dill pickles, depending on how much you like pickles!
1 tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
Pickle Juice
 
Using a hand mixer, cream together the cheese, pickles and Worcestershire sauce, until well combined. If it's too stiff for you, than you can pour in a small amount of pickle juice from the jar, until it reaches desired consistency. Serve or chill until ready to serve!
 
Note:
-You can use any size pickle. I used the pickle slices, and chopped them about as small as I could get them.
-It's actually a lot better served the next day! The flavors have a chance to blend I guess, and it's just really super yummy!
-I served it with Potato Chips, but it's actually good with tortilla chips too, and I'm sure you could serve it with crackers as well!
 It's just good, no matter how you serve it!!!
 
post signature

No comments: