Monday, October 17, 2016

{Crock-Pot Lasagna}


I am a big fan of Lasagna. I am a big fan of Crock-Pots.
However, for some reason, putting those two things together, just didn't appeal to me all that much.
I don't know why, it just didn't sound good.
But thankfully, something made me just break down and try it one week.

And I am so glad that I did!
I think I may actually like it better than our regular, oven-baked Lasagna!
It was fast and easy to put together, and had such a great flavor.
I was worried about the texture being mushy and runny, but it was nice and thick and perfect!

I hope you try it out!




1 pound ground beef
36 oz. spaghetti sauce (about a jar and a half)
1 (16 oz) container cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 box lasagna noodles, uncooked
2+ cups mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain well. Mix with spaghetti sauce; set aside.
Mix together cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning.
Line a crock-pot with a crock-pot liner or spray with cooking spray.
Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce mixture across the bottom of the crock-pot.
Break a few of the noodles into large pieces to cover the top of the sauce.
Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
Sprinkle with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
Repeat layers with 1/3 of the meat sauce, noodles, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a final layer of noodles, and the remaining meat sauce.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Or
Cover and cook on low for 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours. During the last half hour, sprinkle another thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until noodles are tender when poked through with a fork, and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve!

Note:
-I used ground turkey in mine, and it worked great!
-I also used a Mexican blend cheese, which gave it more color, and the flavor was perfect!

No comments: