Monday, July 11, 2016

{Cheesy Potato Casserole}

Wow!
Okay so, when I posted HERE about being a little sporadic with posting in the next couple of months, I was SO not meaning that that would take affect immediately,
 and that I would drop off the planet, and not post for a month+ at a time!
But things got busy, plus my computer was virtually, completely un-usable. :(
For the safety of any important things that I wanted saved from it, I couldn't even turn it on!
So between that, wedding planning, working, a couple of trips, and just every day life...here we are, like 7 weeks after my last post! Wish I could say I'm organized and ready to go again, but yeah, that's not happening! At least for a couple more months, anyways!!
In the meantime, I hope you will keep checking back in with me!

Anyways, I have actually been cooking some during all of this time.
This recipe is not a new one, but it's one that my entire family absolutely devours.
A friend at our church makes it a lot for potlucks and she shared the recipe with us,
so thanks so much, Mrs. Cathy!!!
It couldn't be easier to make, and it's just good!
I don't have a picture of the finished product, because it never lasts long enough for that, but trust me, it's amazing!! Coming from a dinner table few of fairly picky eaters, when everyone loves something, you know it's a winner!!!
I hope you try it out!!



1 (2 lb.) package frozen, shredded Hashbrown potatoes
1 (16 oz) container Sour Cream
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter, melted
dash of salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients except potatoes in a large bowl, and mix well.
Add potatoes and mix until well combined.
Pour into a greased, 9x13-inch baking dish, and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Serve!

Note:
-It works best to use the hashbrowns while they are still frozen...it just makes it easier to mix up for some reason!
-I like to mix this up the day before, cover and refrigerate until I'm ready to bake it.
Gets all the mess out of the way!

No comments: