Monday, October 19, 2015

The BEST Chocolate Pudding/Pie Filling:

I don't know if I ever said this before on here, but I have a huge weakness for pudding. 
Pretty much any kind....I don't know why, I just love it! The thicker, definitely the better.
Because of that, I also love eating AND making meringue pies. 
My grandma made them all the time when I was growing up, and I just thought they were the best thing ever!
Unfortunately, this pie can't really compare to hers. However, for me, it has been the next best thing!
It was so good! In a pie or simply by the spoonful, I could eat this pudding all day long!




2 cups milk
3 tablespoons cornstarch
dash of salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp. vanilla

In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, cornstarch, salt, sugar, cocoa and eggs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stirring constantly. Once the pudding is very thick, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.

To use as a Pie Filling:
Follow the instructions on THIS recipe.

Or, you can just pour into a serving bowl and serve!
Warm or chilled, plain, or topped with a dollop of whipped cream...it's good any way it's served!


post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Karissa,
Grandma Wagner was known for her beautiful, delicious pies. She would be so very proud of you and your pies!! And yes, your pies are beautiful and yummy just like hers!!!! You are carrying on her legacy.
Love, Mom