Monday, October 26, 2015

{Taco Lasagna}

I love tacos and I love lasagna, so this recipe just pulled me right it in!
It was so good and couldn't be easier to make.
I was expecting a list of ingredients that I don't always have on hand, but I was pleasantly surprised!
The second time I made it, I had lots of "taco toppings" on the side, for anyone who wanted them. Shredded lettuce, mushrooms, black olives, black beans, onions, chopped bell peppers...it was great!
I hope you try it out!!


12 gluten-free lasagna noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
1 (24 oz.) jar Salsa
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

In a skillet, brown beef until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Stir until well combined. Add salsa and mix well. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese and eggs until well combined.
Spread about 3 tablespoons of the salsa/meat mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Assemble lasagna by layering 4 lasagna sheets in the prepared pan. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Next, 1/3 of the meat mixture and 1/3 of each of the cheeses. Repeat layers 2 more times.
-Noodles
-Ricotta
-Meat mixture
-Cheeses

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly, and noodles are tender.
Enjoy!

Note:
-HERE are the lasagna sheets that I like to use.
-You can make this ahead of time of freeze. Allow to thaw before baking according to instructions. 
-It can also be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated overnight, and baked the next day. 
-Don't forget to check the label on your taco seasoning, to make make sure it's gluten-free.

post signature

No comments: