Monday, August 3, 2015

Super Sticky Baked BBQ Chicken:

We love grilled chicken legs in my house! Especially when they've been grilled with BBQ sauce and are nice and sticky! So yummy!
However, we have trouble getting them cooked all the way through, without burning them on the outside.
I was majorly craving some good BBQ, chicken legs, so when I came across this recipe, I decided to give it a try. I was not prepared for how fast, how easy, and how delicious the recipe would be!!
I made them for the 4th of July, and everyone loved them! They actually tasted SO much like grilled chicken legs!
I couldn't get a picture that truly showed how thick and sticky the BBQ sauce was, or how moist and tender and perfectly cooked the chicken was! But trust me, it was good!!!
I hope you try them out!!


8-10 chicken legs or thighs (with the bone-in and skin on)
2 cups BBQ sauce
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
Rub each piece of chicken with olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; flip chicken and repeat with salt and pepper on the other side. Place chicken skin side down.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from the oven, and raise the temperature to 450 degrees.
Meanwhile, if there are a lot of juices in the pan, drain off, blot off with paper towels, or use a basting bulb to suction out. Pour BBQ sauce in a bowl, and using a pastry brush, coat each piece of chicken (on both sides) with the sauce. Return to the oven for 7 minutes.
Baste the top of the chicken with more sauce; bake for 7 more minutes.
Again, baste with the remaining BBQ sauce, and bake for 7 more minutes.
Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving!!

Note:
-Sweet Baby Ray's is our favorite BBQ sauce, but you can use any kind you want.
-I also like to make this a "Make-Ahead" dish, by letting it cool completely after baking, and place it all in a crock-pot lined with a slow-cooker bag. The next day, I just pull it out of the fridge, and put it in the crock-pot base on LOW for about 3-4 hours to heat all the way through!

post signature

No comments: