Monday, June 29, 2015

Homemade Crunch Candy Bar:

I was recently asked what my favorite candy bar is, and I honestly had no clue! I had really never thought about it before! I tend to like a wide variety of things, including candy bars!
As I was thinking about it, I realized that it would probably be next to impossible to actually pick a favorite, but there are a few that I really, really like.
Crunch Bars would definitely be one of them! I love the simple factor of them...just creamy chocolate and crunchy rice crispy's.
So when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try! The fact that the ingredient list was 2 ingredients long, made me both excited and nervous!
However, they turned out SO good!!
Extremely easy to make, and so delicious!!

But I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I have a cooking dilema. I can't melt chocolate in the microwave. I burn it every.single.time no matter what I do.
However, I seem to have success whenever I melt it over the stove.
So I have included both microwave AND stove-top instructions, just in case, by some chance, there is someone else out there who struggles with melting chocolate as well!!
Either way, though, I hope you give this recipe a try!


2 (12 oz) packages chocolate chips
1 & 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal

Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside.

Microwave directions:
Place chocolate in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 1 minute; stir.
Continue cooking and stirring in 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted.
Add cereal and stir until well combined.

Stove-top directions:
Place chocolate in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir constantly over medium-low heat (I set my stove on 3) until chocolate is almost melted.
When there are still some small chunks of chocolate left, remove from the heat, and continue to stir until completely melted.
Add cereal and stir until well combined.

Pour into a prepared pan and spread out evenly. Chill for at least 30 minutes or until set. Remove from the pan and take off the foil. Cut or brake in pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Note:
-You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate...whatever you like!

post signature

No comments: