Monday, June 15, 2015

Cake-Mix Banana Muffins:

When I first saw a recipe similar to this, I couldn't see how it would ever possibly work.
Plus, I mean, dry cake mix, mixed with bananas? Even if it did work, it wouldn't taste all that great.
However, my mom was going on a business trip, and wanted muffins to take with her. I didn't have much time at all, but oddly, we had a cake mix and several bananas that either had to be used or thrown out, so I gave in and tried them out.
All I can say is, I'm glad I did! They had a completely unexpected consistency and taste.
And they were just really good! I don't even know how to describe them, but I hope you'll try them out! 


4 medium size ripe bananas
1 yellow or white gluten-free cake mix
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips, mini or regular, optional

Place bananas in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add cake mix and cinnamon and pulse until well combined (you may need to scrape down the sides and across the bottom with a spatula, depending on how well your food processor mixes things.) Stir in chocolate chips, if desired, by hand.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full - I use a cookie scoop for the mini-size and an ice cream scoop for the regular-size muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers out clean.
Remove from the pans, and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Note:
-As you can tell, I didn't use chocolate chips, but I'm sure they would taste great!
-I've read of some people using a chocolate cake mix instead! Just omit the cinnamon.
-After these cool, the tops are pretty sticky, so I would recommend layering them with wax paper, if you have to stack them in a container.
-This recipe can of course be made with a regular, wheat cake mix as well.

post signature

No comments: