Monday, April 20, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes:

I've said this before, and nothing has changed, so I'll say it again! We are pretty big peanut butter fans here.
My older brother used to put it on EVERYTHING! I won't even tell you what all he put it on, because some some of it just sounds so gross! My younger brother doesn't put it on weird things, but he does like a little chocolate chip cookie with his peanut butter. He also puts it on brownies, sandwiches, ice-cream...anything he can think of. And once every so often, you will find my dad in the kitchen...with a spoonful of peanut butter!
Anyway, when I saw a similar recipe to this, I knew that even though I might not eat as much peanut butter as the males in my family, I would still love these!
And I was right! My whole family loved these, and we'll definitely be making them often!

(sorry, the pancakes were hot, so that's why the peanut butter was sliding off!!)

2 cups rice milk
3 cups water
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
4 & 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder (3/4 tsp. if you are using double-acting)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips, mini or regular, optional I guess

In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, water, eggs, vanilla and peanut butter until well combined.
Add flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix just until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
Pour onto hot, greased griddle in 1/4 cupfuls. Cook until batter begins to form bubbles. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more or until the bottom is golden brown.
Serve!!

Note:
-These are perfect served with maple syrup, but if you are wanting more of a peanut butter bomb, spread peanut butter on the pancake before topping it with syrup. Or try out this super fast and easy
Peanut Butter Syrup.
-You can also just sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pancakes after you make them, if you want.
-I like to make these with Rice milk, because when you use regular milk, the batter is SO thick, you can't even pour it!


post signature

No comments: