Monday, December 22, 2014

Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting:

I love ice cream, and I don't think I could really pick a favorite flavor! I just like it all!!!
And mint chocolate chip is definitely no exception! One of my sisters LOVES mint chocolate chip ice cream, so when I ran across this recipe, I knew I had to try it!
It was so easy, and really yummy!! You could ice a whole cake, or do cupcakes like I did. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be good!!


1 cup butter, room temperature
1 (2 lb.) bag Powder Sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
7 drops green food coloring
1 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped up Hershey candy bars


In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and milk. Add extract and food coloring and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate. Frost cake or cupcakes. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator. 

Note:
-Just to warn you - this makes a LOT of frosting!!
-This is the chocolate cake recipe that I used - One Bowl Chocolate Cake - super easy and moist.

post signature

No comments: