Monday, January 6, 2014

Rocky Road Fudge:

At Christmas time for the last couple of years, I have made several batches of all sorts of fudge and several cookies. Generally, it took me roughly two days and was done at least a week before Christmas. But for some reason this year, I simply ran out of time and energy. I had all my family name one thing that they would really like, and we just made those things - on Christmas Eve!!! I came across this recipe at the last minute and since I had all the ingredients, I threw a batch together real quick. It was the first thing to disappear out of all the things we had!!! It couldn't have been easier and it was such a fun, yummy treat! I hope you give it a try!



1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 & 1/2 cups finely chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts....whatever you like)

Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large microwave safe dish (I used a glass, 8-cup measuring cup), mix together the chocolate and milk. Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds; remove and stir. Microwave again, at 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Quickly stir in the nuts and marshmallows. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Chill for about 60 minutes or until firm. Lift out onto a cutting board. Remove the foil and cut into squares. Serve!!!

post signature

No comments: