Monday, December 2, 2013

Sausage Gravy & Biscuits:

I love sausage gravy!! Which is weird, because I don't care much for sausage or gravy, but put them together and it's one of my favorite breakfast foods! And the rest of my family loves it too! Breakfast or dinner, for that matter!
My mom used to always make it, and although she is all about recipes and exact measurements, there was no recipe for Sausage gravy. You never knew how much it was going to make, because you just kept adding a little of this and a little of that until "it felt right"!!! And of course it tasted great, but only if she made it!
So finally, after many attempts, I think we have it down to a science now and I'm so excited to share this quick and easy recipe with you!! I hope you give it a try!!
 
 
2 lbs. ground sausage
8 cups milk
2/3 cup cornstarch
1 cup cold water
Hot Biscuits (click here for my recipe)
 
In a large skillet or saucepan, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add milk and cook and stir over medium-high heat until milk almost reaches a boil. In a small glass, mix together cornstarch and water until well combined. When milk is very hot, but not yet boiling, reduce heat to low and slowly add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve over biscuits!
 
Note:
-This is the amount I make for my family, so you may want to adjust the recipe to accommodate the number of people you are serving.
-I really like to use Turkey Sausage....it's a little more expensive, but much better for you. You can use whatever you like, though. It doesn't actually matter.
 
 
 
 
post signature

No comments: