Monday, July 2, 2012

Easy Frosting:

Last Friday was my sister, Katrina's, 13th birthday!!!


She chose just a regular cake and frosting for her dessert. I actually bought a can of frosting, but didn't have enough, so I searched for a good recipe and whipped some up real quick!!!
So, I thought I would share the recipe with you! I know lots of people make their own frostings, but I had never tasted any homemade frosting that I really liked. This was very good and so quick and easy!

Now, this makes a TON of frosting!! I only needed a small amount, so I cut the recipe down quite a bit. It's very easy to double, triple, or cut in half.......or fourths!!!!

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tblsp. milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a medium bowl, beat together shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add more milk, if needed, unitl desired consistancy is reached. Spread on cake or cupcakes, or scoop into a pastry bag and pipe onto cake or cupcakes. I also like to put it in a zip-lock bag, snip off a tiny piece of the corner and pipe! This makes clean-up a lot easier, as you can just through the bag away!!!

I hope you give this frosting a try!!!

No comments: