Friday, June 29, 2012

Salads:

Strawberries were majorly on sale this week at our grocery store and we took full advantage of that! We ate them plain, made Angel Food cake to eat with our strawberries, ate them plain, had them in cereal, ate them plain!!! But I wanted to try something more main dish with them. At a restaurant once, I had a Strawberry Pecan salad. It didn't sound very good, but it looked good, so I gave it a try! It was delicious!!! So since we had some extra berries, I decided to try a homemade salad. It turned out really yuumy, and I thought I would just share with you what I did.

Photo Credit: google search

This is what I had on my salad (amounts of each are according to your tastes):
-Lettuce
-Carrots
-Broccoli
-Yellow Squash, thinly sliced
-Cucumber
-Chopped Pecans
-Chopped Strawberries (We sliced out strawberries and sprinkled them with a little sugar. Then we let them chill in the refrigerator over night. That made them nice and sweet, and also gave them a little broth which was very good on the salad.)
-Dressing (Once I had it with Honey Mustard dressing and I've also had it with Ranch...both are equally good. Just make sure to check the labels!)

Feel free to add or leave out anything you prefer! I'm sure it would be great with some cooked or grilled chicken pieces.
So I hope you give my Strawberry Salad a try and enjoy it as much as I have!!!




No comments: