Monday, April 18, 2016

Chicken Chili:

My Fiance's (ah! I still can't believe I'm saying that!)
sister made this for dinner the day we got engaged.
I was not necessarily thinking completely clearly that day, because I was (and still am) in shock, 
but I definitely remember how good this was!
It smelled so amazing while it was cooking, and tasted even better!
My mom and dad couldn't get enough of it either! And my mom is not crazy about this type of thing, but she loved it! It was pretty much addicting!!
I don't know how to describe it...it's like chili, but could also be a dip, really, and it's just plain good!! So eat it with a chip or with a fork, it doesn't matter!
Rina was super kind and shared the recipe with me! 
Mine did not taste as good as hers, but it was still good, and I really hope you try it out!!
There is no way to take a picture of this and make it look good, much less as fabulous as it actually is! But please take my word for it...it's good!!



2 chicken breasts
1 can Rotel (tomatoes and green chilies), not drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 & 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese
Tortilla chips

Place the chicken in the bottom of a slowcooker.
Top with Rotel, corn, beans, ranch mix, and taco seasoning.
Stir gently to combine.
Top with cream cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring once or twice to blend the cheese.
Shred the chicken before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips!

Note:
-If this recipe is tripled, it will fill a 5-quart crock pot.
-If desired, you can use 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon onion powder in place of the taco seasoning. Feel free to play around with the seasonings to your taste!


No comments: