Monday, February 22, 2016

{A Few of My Favorite Things...Part 1}

So, as I was in the kitchen recently (we all know that doesn't happen very often, lol!!!)...cooking, putting away dishes, etc. I found myself thinking 
"Oh, this is my favorite kitchen tool." 
Or, "I definitely want one of these when I have my own kitchen." 
And "Oh, maybe this is actually my favorite kitchen gadget."

Let me just be upfront and honest here...I have a LOT of favorites!!!!!!
I could live in one of those kitchen-gadget-specialty-shops!

I'm sure everyone has their own list of favorites...that's what makes everyone and every dish unique!!
But I thought it might be fun to share some of mine!
So over the next couple of weeks, I will be showing you some of my favorite tools, gadgets, cookware, appliances...even a couple of cleaners that I love to use in the kitchen!

I hope you enjoy!
And I would love to hear what some of your favorites are as well!!

Glass Measuring Cups

I love these things! I use one of them every, single day! 
Pictured here, I have an 8-cup, 4-cup, 2-cup, 1-cup, and the two smallest ones measure ounces, tablespoons and teaspoons.
I use them for cold and hot ingredients.
I use them for measuring, I use them for mixing, I use them for heating something in the microwave.
They may be one of the most practical pieces in a kitchen! 
They can be purchased almost anywhere that sells any type of kitchen stuff. We have found ours in various places - 
Walmart, Kitchen specialty stores, Pampered Chef, even TJMaxx, Ross and Amazon.

 Measuring Cups and Spoons
Okay, so I have to admit that this is not our only set of measuring cups and spoons! 
We actually have 4. 
And I can not tell you the number of times, when most of them are ALL dirty! At once! 
It's crazy!
This set, however, is my favorite. It's a clean and simple design...no little crevices anywhere, and that's why I like it. The handle is pretty much even with the cup, so it makes it easy to use a knife to level off flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, etc. 
Again, measuring cups and spoons are not hard to find.
These were purchased from IKEA.
(Ah, if you are a kitchen-gadget-loving-person like myself, and have never been to IKEA, first I will have a moment of silence for you, and then I would tell you that if you ever have a chance to go to an IKEA....don't pass it up!!!)


 The Wonder Cup
First off, I don't know what this is actually called, but it says wonder cup on it, so I just used that for the title. Honestly, never once have we ever said "please hand me the wonder cup" but I'll get to that later, because it technically has nothing to do with anything!
So, this thing looks crazy, but it's an absolute life-saver, let me tell you!
As you can tell, we use ours....maybe too much!!!
If you are unfamiliar with this gadget, the yellow part is flat on the top. It moves up and down inside the clear part that is marked with measurements for cups, tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces...and other measurements that I'm pretty sure most people in this country do not use and therefore I don't even know what they are!
Anyways, lets say you are measuring 1 cup of honey. So you push the yellow part down to the one cup line, add the honey, and push it right out into your mixing bowl, all the while leaving not one spec of it behind!!!!
It's just "wonder-ful"! 
A life-saver for honey, peanut butter, BBQ sauce, ketchup...anything of that consistency. We honestly mostly use ours for peanut butter (because we use a ton of that), and so it has been affectionately dubbed "the peanut butter cup" (our creativity just blows me away)!!
I do not have the slightest idea where ours came from...it's just always been around, I think....since Adam, by the looks of it!
However, I know that at one point, Pampered Chef had something almost identical to this, and I'm sure other company's probably make it as well.
In fact, I just googled it for you, and yeah, turns out they're not hard to find!!

............................

See you next week for Part Two!!!!

No comments: