Monday, November 23, 2015

{Roasted Brussel Sprouts}

Happy Thanksgiving week!!
Here's a super yummy, yet kind of healthy side dish to add to your thanksgiving menu this year!

I have always like Brussel Sprouts (I was a weird child).
Fresh or frozen, sauteed in some butter, or steamed. 
Either way, I loved them!

I had never tried them roasted, though. But I love other roasted vegetables, so I figured I might as well try them. 
My sister-in-law makes the best roasted asparagus on the planet, so I just used the same technique.

I'm not sure that I will ever make brussel sprouts any other way from now on!
They were SO good!! Oh my, the flavor was just excellent, they couldn't be easier to make, and it took away that tiny under-tone of bitterness that is sometimes in brussel sprouts!

So whether you are already a Brussel Sprout lover, or maybe even hate this magnificent, tiny, green vegetable, I hope you give them a try!


1 pound fresh Brussel Sprouts
3-5 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
Cut sprouts in half lengthwise (so that each half has part of the root), and place in a bowl. Add oil, starting with 3 tablespoons. Mix gently until evenly coated. If there is not enough oil to coat all of them, add more 1 tablespoon at a time.
Spread out into a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.


Bake for 10 minutes; stir and flip the sprouts over. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer, or until just fork-tender, and golden brown.
Serve!!!


post signature

No comments: