Monday, March 2, 2015

Peanut Butter Blossoms:

I have made homemade bread, pumpkin roll, angel food cake and a few other things that some people would consider "hard" recipes to make.
I've made lots of "easy" things too...rice crispy treats, no-bake cookies, etc.
But would you believe I had never made these Peanut Butter cookies?
I don't know why, but I just never have. I've always loved them, though!
For some unknown reason, we had an abundance of Hershey Kisses the other day, and I was SO excited to finally try these cookies out! I know, it's dumb, but I was excited!
So, I got out my grandma's recipe, had my mom interpret all the words I couldn't read, because of her small, cursive writing, and because the recipe card was a little faded, and got to work!
Less than 30 minutes later, I was done!
They are definitely easy, but they're also just one of those things that are down right fun to make! I had a ball! (cookie ball, that is!)
Thank you for listening to me get so thrilled about a simple, peanut butter cookie!
Now, I hope you'll go make some for yourself or others!!


1 & 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 tblsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Sugar for rolling
Hershey chocolate candy kisses

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, soda and salt; set aside.
Cream together sugars, shortening and peanut butter in a mixing bowl.
Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Roll doughs into balls, using a cookie scoop to keep them all the same size. Roll each ball in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just barley golden brown.
Remove from the oven. Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down firmly so that the cookie cracks slightly around the edge. 
Let cool for 1-2 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.

Note:
-These freeze really well.
-This makes approximately 35-40 cookies.

post signature

No comments: