Monday, July 14, 2014

8-Hour Chicken Marinade:

I love to mix up a meat marinade in the morning and let the chicken, pork, steak or whatever it may be, just soak there all day! It's almost like a slow-cooker meal, really. Prep it in the morning and let it just get better and better as the day goes on! 
This one is definitely better the longer is goes! I really don't know how to describe the flavor - it's not sweet, but not tangy or spicy either! The ingredient list kind of surprised me, but everything went together really well and I thought it was really yummy! I served it just plain with roasted asparagus and french fries on the side, but it would also be great chopped up over a salad as well!
Hope you try it out!


1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I only had Honey Dijon, so that's what I used)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons lime juice
4 & 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 chicken breasts

Place chicken in a gallon zip-lock bag. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and seal bag, getting out as much air as possible. Shake well to evenly coat. Chill for at least 8 hours (can be more). Place chicken breasts on grill and discard remaining marinade. Grill until done!

post signature


No comments: