Monday, September 26, 2016

Marinated Grilled Pork Chops:

My family didn't eat a ton of pork when I was growing up (apart from occasionally ham, or sausage), and now I really just don't care for it in just about any way, shape or form...ham, bacon, sausage, pork chops...no thank you (does turkey sausage count? because I totally love that!).
I could live my whole life without pork, and probably never miss it one time.
But I could quite easily be pursuaded to eat a pork chop now, if they were made like this.
The marinade is a little interesting, but it made the very best pork chops I have ever had in my life!!
One of the keys is to let it marinade as long as possible, and not to over-cook it.
My whole family absolutely loved these! I hope you give it a try!




3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Chili Sauce
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 & 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
2 lbs. boneless pork chops (roughly 8-10 chops)

Place the pork chops in a gallon zip-lock bag; set aside.
Place remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk until well combined.
Add the sauce to the bag, and seal tightly, getting out as much air as possible.
Gently shake and squeeze the bag to make sure the meat is thoroughly covered.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but the longer the better. 
Remove the pork chops from the bag, and discard the marinade. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Place on a serving plate, and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments: