Monday, January 26, 2015

Thick and Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup:

Anyone who knows me for very long, probably knows that my very favorite season is

WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love the cold, the snow, the fact that Christmas is during the winter, sweaters and boots and just anything "wintery"! 
It never lasts long enough for me!
Ever since I was little, people have been telling me that I will of course grow out of liking winter when I'm older. So far, it has only grown with me more and more every year (grown bigger than me, might be more like it, since I've not really grown for about 10 years)!

Anyway, whether you love or hate winter, you would have to admit that a big bowl of soup and a nice muffin, on a cold winter night, is a really great thing!
So no matter what your relationship with winter is (or isn't),
I hope you will definitely give this SUPER easy, SUPER yummy broccoli soup a try!! Warm, creamy and cheesy, it's just plain GOOD!!!!




1 small onion, finely diced butter
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pinch of nutmeg
dash of pepper
2 & 2/3 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
6 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2cups cubed or shredded Velveeta cheese

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes to soften the onion. Whisk in the cornstarch, nutmeg and pepper until smooth. Stir in the milk and chicken broth and mix until well combined. Add broccoli. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until broccoli is tender (the smaller you cut the broccoli, the faster it will cook). Turn the heat back up to medium and add the cheese. Cook and stir until thoroughly melted.
Serve!

Note:
-If you prefer a broccoli soup with more veggies in it, then click HERE to check out my recipe for Broccoli Chowder.
-Check out my RECIPE INDEX for some great muffins or bread to serve with this!



post signature

No comments: