Monday, May 6, 2013

Chicken Quesadillas:

We had a few corn tortillas left from the Chicken Enchiladas from last week that I wanted to use up and so I threw this together. And they were so good! This is just a basic recipe. You could make them as is, or add whatever you like! I hope you try them out!


2 corn tortilla wraps
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2-3 tblsp. shredded, cooked chicken
1 tsp. butter

In a small skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla. Top with half the cheese and the chicken. Add the remaining cheese and other tortilla. Cook until the tortilla on the bottom is slightly crisp and golden brown. Very carefully, pick the "sandwich" up. Add the other half of the butter and gently flip the "sandwich" over. Cook until slightly crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into quarters. Serve immediately.

Note:
-I used canned chicken, but you could certainly use whatever you have.
-I did not season the chicken at all, but I think that taco seasoning or any seasoning you like would be great.
-Use ground beef instead of chicken.
-Try out a different type of cheese.
-Make it a main dish, appetizer or snack.
-We also like these with Mozzarella cheese and Pepperoni, and use pizza sauce as a dipping sauce.
-We liked to dip this in salsa or ranch dressing, but I'm sure lots of other dips would be yummy too!
-Here are some add in's that I think would be really yummy: onions, peppers, tomatoes, spinach...let me know what you liked in yours!!!
post signature

No comments: