Monday, November 21, 2016

Baked BBQ Chicken Nachos:


Happy Thanksgiving week, y'all!!!!!!

I'm so excited for this week! 
Yes, because this is mine and Bradley's second thanksgiving together, 
and first thanksgiving being married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we have soooooo much to be thankful for!!!! 
But, also I'm excited because.............................

I GET TO SEE MY FAMILY THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been about 9 & 1/2 weeks since I have seen them (apart from FaceTime), and I CAN'T wait!!!!
Bradley's family is awesome, and they have been so sweet to me and have welcomed me in!
They have definitely helped me make the transition from Maryland to South Carolina a lot easier, but I am still excited to see my family again!

Anyways!!!!
This is not your traditional "thanksgiving" menu item, I know. But sometimes it's nice to break away from all the leftovers the day after Thanksgiving or sometime, and throw together something super fun, super easy, and super yummy for your guests. Or even just yourself!!
Honestly, we totally ate this for dinner, the first time!
But it would be awesome anytime!

I love nachos!! Plain ole' chips and cheese or fully loaded....I'm all in!!
After Bradley and I closed on our house in July, we went out to eat dinner with his family to celebrate. It was this super cool BBQ place, and of all the amazing things on their menu, the BBQ nachos totally jumped out at me!
And they were sooooooo good! Oh my goodness, I was in heaven!

So, I've been thinking about them ever since, and knew I had to make them!!
I looked at a lot of recipes, and they were pretty much all missing the one key ingredient.
Not the chicken.
Not the chips.
But the white queso. 
I'm telling you, it's what TOTALLY makes BBQ Chicken Nachos!!! 
After combining like 4 different recipes, I think I finally got it!! They were really, really good!

So whether its for a super quick dinner, or an awesome appetizer/snack, I hope you try them out!!!


Note: All amounts are just approximate. Feel free to add/take away anything/as much as you want!

3/4 of a (13 oz) bag of tortilla chips, any shape you want
2 cups shredded BBQ chicken
1 large onion
5 ounces white Velveeta Queso cheese
2 teaspoons pickled jalapeno peppers, diced
2 tablespoons juice out of the pepper jar
2 cups of shredded cheese, any kind
Additional diced jalapenos and sour cream for garnish, if desired

Cut onion in half, and slice thin. Saute in a skillet with about 1 teaspoon of butter, over medium-high heat, until tender, and beginning to caramelized; set aside.

Cut white queso cheese into small chunks. Add the diced jalapenos and the juice. 
Place in a small microwave safe dish,
Heat for 30 seconds, stir. Continue heating & stirring in 30 second intervals, until cheese is melted. Set aside.

I used a huge cast iron skillet, but you could use a large plate or serving tray, or a 9x13 baking dish, or cookie sheet, or seriously whatever you want! Just so it's oven safe!
Arrange half of the chips on the bottom of your serving dish.
Add a thin layer of shredded cheese over the chips.
Top with the remaining chips.
Drizzle the melted white cheese all over the chips.
Top with the chicken, and then caramelized onions.
Sprinkle with additional diced jalapenos and remaining shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until everything is nice and hot and cheese is melted.
Enjoy!!!!!!!



No comments: